Wednesday 15 April 2015

Hello Fresh Recipe & Review

I love food. So much. I don't however always love cooking. I love the end result but sometimes after a busy day at work the last thing I want to do is cook a complicated meal but the lure of a home cooked meal usually means I'll cook whilst Adam preps the food. 

When a work friend told me she'd subscribed to Hello Fresh and loved it so far I had to find out more. The company deliver a box of everything you need to cook 3-5 meals for between 2-4 people (depending on your subscription). They also deliver on a Sunday and allow you to pause or cancel subscriptions easily. Bonus. 

I tested a Classic Box for two people and came with everything I needed for 3 meals. Online they state all ingredients are fresh, delicious and also take under 30mins to prep. Recipes change week on week and with 5 recipes and the ability swap the set 'chefs suggestions' there's definite choice.


In my box I received everything I needed for:

1. Gnocchi with creme fraiche pesto
2. Tandoori Chicken Pockets
3. The Maharaja's King Prawn Pilau

Everything came so well boxed, the meat was in a locked bag with ice packs and I even got an Lindt Easter Egg and Tea Pigs Berry Teabag to try too!

The first meal I tried was the Pilau. Now I'm not a prawn fan so I got some chicken to add in and Adam had the prawns. The recipe cards were really easy to follow and for me I loved it. For Adam who's used to hot curry's and biryani's at his parents, it didn't have enough flavour but he thought the amount of prawns was fantastic. 

The meals we made were all delicious, easy to make and pretty quick but for now I won't  be carrying on the subscription. Why? I like to take leftovers to work for quick easy lunches and with this box I don't think I'd get enough. At £13 per meal for 2 I'm not sure on the value as we have a lot of the items as store items anyway so price-wise I din't think I can justify £39 a week on 3 meals. I might try it again in the future as I love how easy and how fresh it was but for now I'm sorry Hello Fresh - I love the idea but I think it'd add to my food shop bill instead of lessen it.

If you want to give it a go use my code 5EU2G6 or use the link to get £20 off your first box! www.hellofresh.co.uk

If you fancy making the Maharaja's King Prawn Pilau meal here's the recipe:

1 Cup Onion, 1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas, 1 Garlic Clove, ½ Red Chilli, 2 Tsp Ginger, 1 Tbsp Cashew Nuts, 1 Tsp Ground Coriander, ½ Tsp Turmeric, 1 Cup White Basmati Rice, 2 Cardamom Pods, 1 Cup King Prawns, ½ Bunch Coriander, ½ Lime

How to:



 
                                             

Happy cooking! If you give Hello Fresh a go let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment